MiningSeptember 2, 2020 5:54 pm
A multibillion-dollar mining project in the early execution phase required the Board’s financial approval to proceed to completion. To secure this approval, the project would need to be re-scoped, re-planned and estimated within a short timeframe.
Without on time funding approval, the project risked losing multimillion-dollar business benefits. We faced the following key challenges:
- An unclear funding approval process.
- Conflicting priorities between daily project demands and funding approval activities.
- Onerous assurance and audit functions.
- Short timeframes requiring deliverables to be processed in parallel.
- Differing expectations of deliverables and timeframes of the owner and the Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) teams.
The Programme Consulting Solution
Programme Consulting was engaged to plan and manage the estimate process and develop the papers required for Board approval.
- Met with key stakeholders to understand their expectations and the approval process.
- Developed a detailed plan for the entire estimate and approval process.
- Managed the owner’s and EPCM estimating teams and inputs by the project teams.
- Ensured stakeholders were well informed throughout the process.
- Produced the approval papers and presentations required for Board approval.
- Developed an estimate and approval procedure.
In delivering the estimate, basis of estimate, schedule, basis of schedule, scope book, project execution plan, variance analysis, risk and contingency analysis, financial analysis, Board papers and presentations, we achieved:
- Board approval for the project on schedule.
- Project continuation without disruption or financial loss.
Read more about our experience in the independent review case study, or contact us today to discuss how we can assist your organisation with an independent review or funding approval.
<< All case studies
This post was written by Virani Developers
Comments are closed here.